'Great West Way®: Encounter England' Guide Book
The Great West Way® is a 500-mile route that runs between Bristol in the South to London and is based on one of the first Great Roads commissioned by the Kings of England.
This 'Encounter England' route begins with the cultural cities of Bristol and Bath. These cities each burst with their own rich heritage.
Follow the route through the picturesque countryside of Wiltshire to explore market towns and pretty villages.
Along the way, experience historic places of interest, enjoy riverside locations and relax on river cruises. Stop at picture-perfect canals and towpaths. Continue through the dramatic landscape of the North Wessex Downs and encounter pre-historic landmarks and world-renowned backdrops.
Head towards Berkshire, enjoy the Thames and the the ultimate stop: 'the jewel in the crown' with a visit to Windsor and Eton.
We share the days out, attractions and country pubs. This guide includes the option of three World Heritage sites and 12 locations to explore.
- Over 30 pages of useful information
- Options for 3-10 days touring
- Up-to-date embedded links and contacts
- Hidden gems and off the beaten track places
- 130+ attractions, experiences and days out
- 25+ optional tours and activities
- Non-height restricted places to park
- Linked maps and countryside walks
- 60+ Selected campsites & 80+ Secret Stays™
- 40+ Food and drink destinations
- Easy to download format - print or save
- Useful suggestions for your chosen time frame
- English language PDF guidebook
One of England's Best Road Trips: Add to basket below or visit our 'Great West Way®: Encounter England' Road Trip page for more information