Mayflower & Pilgrim Footsteps Road Trip Guidebook
This road trip will take you on a journey of the fascinating story behind the Mayflower voyage and the origins of the Pilgrims. Uncover the story of the ship that transported English Separatist passengers across the Atlantic more than 400 years ago.
This is the story of why they made the journey to a new promised land and what stirred and motivated the Pilgrims to establish the Plymouth Colony in 1620.
As estimated 10 million living Americans and up to 35 million people worldwide are descended from the Pilgrims. This road trip goes right back to the origins on this journey of discovery.
You will visit places that shaped the narrative of what was to follow. Discover the places where the Pilgrims were born, worshiped and lived. Learn why they decided to take the journey.
Explore Edward Winslow's Worcestershire, with it's fabulous examples of period, black-and-white buildings. Enjoy behind the scene tours and view important documents.
Travel to the northern pilgrim villages, which will reveal the lengths the men would go to, to avoid the persecution in England at that time.
Follow the journey and understand what motivation was needed to journey to Eastern England for a failed first attempt and subsequent jailing.
Journey to the south coast to re-trace the steps along the nautical towns that played their part prior to the Plymouth sailing. This road trip culminates at the Mayflower Steps in Plymouth.
Choose your own voyage of discovery on this flexible road trip itinerary. This self-guided tour includes guide book, maps and an app.
- Over 30 pages of useful information in one place
- Options for 3-21 days touring
- Downloadable APP and digital walks
- Up-to-date embedded links and contacts
- 13 cities, towns and villages included
- 65+ attractions and days out
- Around 90 Secret Stays & 70 campsites
- 35+ tours, walks, trails and audio options
- Around 30 Food & Drink suggestions
- Save hours searching and checking
- Easy to download format - print or save on mobile
- Useful suggestions for your chosen timeframe
- Updated regularly
- English language guide e-book
One of England's Best Road Trips: Add to basket below or visit our Mayflower & Pilgrims Footsteps Road Trip page for more information