Great West Way®: Houses & Gardens (Screen & Royalty) Guide Book
The Great West Way® is a 500-mile route that runs from Bristol in the West to London and is based on one of the first Great Roads commissioned by the Kings of England.
This is one of Britain's best road trips, that focuses along parts of the route - covering England's finest palaces, castles, stately houses, country parks and manicured gardens.
Within this driving route, follow where Royalty past and present have walked. This includes spectacular Windsor Castle and the famed, organic gardens at Highgrove - home to H.R.H The Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall.
Crammed with choices of homes to visit, many of England's finest stately homes to be found along the Great West Way® or just a short drive from the route are included. Enjoy history and treasures gallore.
Explore manicured parks and landscaped gardens by the renowned 'Capability' Brown. Enjoy magical features that were fashionable in Regency and Victorian England.
This guide also include more than 100 film and TV references, covering every stop included. If you are a fan of seen-on-the-screen and want to scene spot from film blockbusters - this is for you!
The Film backdrops include Harry Potter, Downton Abbey, Secret Garden and Sense and Sensibility. TV backdrops include favourites like Poldark and BBC's Sherlock. These easy, quick references with embedded link to read more, will enhance your visit.
- Over 30 pages of useful information
- Options for 3-10 days touring
- Up-to-date embedded links and contacts
- 6 palaces & castles, 12 grand houses, 6 country parks and gardens
- 35+ Royal connections
- 100+ Film & TV references
- 20+ attractions, experiences and days out
- 10+ optional tours and activities
- Non-height restricted places to park (cities)
- 60+ Selected campsites & 80+ Secret Stays®
- Selection of food and drink destinations
- Easy to download format - print or save
- English language guidebook
One of England's Best Road Trips: Add to basket below or visit our Great West Way®: Houses & Gardens (Screen & Royalty) Guide Book page for more information